Continuing the Mission strives to provide assistance dogs and ongoing assistance dog support for Veterans living with the challenge of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and Military Sexual Trauma (MST) to move forward as partners with purpose.
Our assistance dogs are trained to Perform the Following Skills
- Block: standing in front of you and between other people in a non threatening manner to provide support in crowded spaces;
- Watch: standing behind you and between other people in a non threatening way to provide support in crowded spaces;
- Lights: turning lights on to interrupt or recover from a nightmare;
- Bring: retrieving an object;
- Rest: laying their head in your lap to disrupt anxiousness
Other unique, individual tasks can be added through the interview and pairing process.
Learn More About Our Eligibility Criteria
An amazing organization. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have my new best friend. I am so grateful to Continuing The Mission, and to everyone that takes part and what they do for it.Aaron