Our assistance dogs are trained to Perform the Following Skills
- Front: standing in front of you and between other people in a nonthreatening manner.
- Back: standing behind you and between other people in a nonthreatening way.
- Center: standing or laying between your legs to provide support and the opportunity to ground oneself.
- Lights: turning lights on to interrupt nightmares or provide a sense of well being when entering a dark home.
- Rest: laying their head in your lap to interrupt anxious behavior and provide an opportunity for grounding.
- Bring: retrieving an object.
Other unique, individual tasks can be added through the interview and pairing process.
Learn More About Our Eligibility Criteria
An amazing organization. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have my new best friend. I am so grateful to Continuing The Mission, and to everyone that takes part and what they do for it.Aaron